Selling Your Home
Why You Should Work With a REALTOR®
When you’re ready to buy or sell a home, the person you choose to guide you in your search and represent you in your sale is extremely important.
The truth is, not all real estate agents are a REALTOR®.
A REALTOR® is the official “registered trademark”, which identifies your real estate expert as a member of the National Association of Realtors® and a person who adheres to a strict “code of ethics”.
The job of your REALTOR® is to help you with every step of the selling process, while getting you the best possible terms.
Your REALTOR® will help you understand selling process, and walk you through the real estate documents to ensure you do everything properly.
7 Qualities Your REALTOR® Will Possess:
- Educated on the specific state and local real estate laws.
- Skilled with groups and one-on-one negotiations.
- Dedicated to ongoing learning programs and to furthering their educational certifications.
- Technologically up-to-date on the latest marketing applications.
- Access to an influential circle of potential buyers.
- Assisted by a fully-staffed marketing organization.
- Supported by a professional legal team.
Your REALTOR® Gives You A Marketing Strategy!
Before you begin the real estate selling process, your REALTOR® will help you prepare your home for the marketplace in 5 ways:
- Decide the time-line you want your home sold by.
- Agree on the best price based on the current market stats.
- Calculate your homes estimated net proceeds.
- Suggest how to make your home showings a success.
- Discuss your home’s best features for a photo shoot.
Your REALTOR® Gives You Many Marketing Tools:
- Provides your “FOR SALE” sign for your property.
- Installs a secure key lock-box for other real estate agents.
- Lists your home with the Multiple Listing Service Internet service.
- Schedules showings to view your real estate property.
- Prints brochures to help sell your home’s features and benefits.
- Promotes your home with the Association of Realtors for leads.
- Stage open houses when possible.
- Ask your neighbors to spread the news about your property.
- Advertise your property at Zip Realty Team meetings.
- Publish your property on our Zip Realty’s site and REALTOR.com.
- Utilize cutting-edge Internet marketing strategies and listings.
Your REALTOR® Also Helps Manage Your Transaction!
Your REALTOR® becomes priceless when it comes to documenting and negotiating your transaction process.
Your REALTOR® will help you understand and weigh all offers with you. It’s totally up to you whether you accept, reject, or counter any offer on the table. Your REALTOR® will handle the negotiation process utilizing their expertise and experience to place you in the winning position.
Here are 5 more things your REALTOR® will walk you through:
- Oversee your contract and conditions prior to signing.
- Define “contingencies” and “release clauses” for you.
- Ensure you won’t get stuck with unseen problems or repairs.
- Reveal all the legal disclosure requirements.
- Prepare alternate offers, just in case one falls through.
Your REALTOR® will negotiate for you from an objective point of view . . . however the power of choice is always yours.
After you’ve finally agreed on your best offer, your REALTOR® will cover all the finer details to smooth out and speed up the entire transaction process.
Here Are 4 Key Steps your REALTOR® will take care of:
- Keep in touch with the buyer’s real estate agent to finalize the escrow.
- Verify the progress of the buyer’s loan.
- Confirm all the “contingency removal” deadlines.
- Step in when a disagreement with the buyer comes up.
Your REALTOR® Will Finalize And Close Your Transaction!
Your REALTOR® will review all your closing documents and pass out duplicate copies to protect your best interests. After your real estate transaction is closed, your REALTOR® will guarantee you get your closing check and that the new owner receives their keys.